WAVES SURF SCHOOL T&C’s
- When booking a course, a contract is made when the booking is confirmed either in writing or email by Waves Surf School. In the case of late type Telephone bookings, when written confirmation is not possible in time then the agreement is a verbal contract.
- Full payment is due at the time of booking. This can be taken in the form of Cash, Bacs or Credit/Debit card.
- The person making the booking accepts responsibility for payment for everyone on the booking and is responsible for ensuring that all other persons on the booking read the Terms and Conditions below and that they are aware of the booking details.
- All participants must complete the surf schools enrolment form / declaration before they will be allowed to take part in any surf lessons.
- Parents or guardians must sign for participants who are under 18 years of age.
In certain groups where applicable a group leader/ Guardian can sign. i.e. a school teacher can sign on behalf of the group. Waves Surf School does not accept any liability for any loss caused by failure to complete the declaration/ enrolment form.
Changing your booking
- Waves Surf School will make every effort to arrange any changes requested after the booking has been confirmed.
- Any changes are subject to availability of course dates, places, and or Instructor availability.
- In the case where your group size drops in numbers from the original booking we must receive notification of this in due time and in writing / email. If the changes are less than 21 days prior to the lesson you will be responsible for paying the balance on the original booking.
- All cancellations must be sent in writing / email wherever possible and will be effective on the date which they are received by Waves Surf School.
- Cancellation charges are payable as follows:
- Over 21 days before lesson date:15% of total cost payable
- Less than 21 days before lesson date:100% of total cost payable Course.
- In the rare event that Waves Surf School considers sea conditions to be unsuitable for surf instruction we have two options:
- Your lesson will be re-arranged for an alternative date / time:
- A credit voucher will be issued.
- Credit for any lessons owed can be used within one year from the date of the cancellation.
- Any lessons owed must be booked in advance and are subject to availability.
Participation, Liability & other important information
- The activity of surfing carries with it a degree of risk both to people and property, even if enjoyed under proper supervision by qualified instructors.
- It is also a strenuous activity that requires those taking part to have a reasonable standard of swimming and fitness.
- All course members must therefore make us aware of any medical conditions, illnesses or allergies they may have and any prescribed medication they are taking on the booking form at the time of booking.
- No-one should participate in any surfing lesson if they are suffering from a heart condition or if they are pregnant.
- All course members must be able to swim at least 50 metres and must in no circumstances be under the influence of any alcohol, drugs or medication at the time of the lesson which may adversely affect their physical / mental abilities.
- All course members must agree to abide by all instructions and decisions that the Waves Surf School and its instructors make in order to secure the safety and comfort of all participants.
- Course members will have the use of Waves Surf School equipment during their lesson times only. Whereas Waves Surf School takes all reasonable measures to ensure the safety and good condition of that equipment, course members are responsible for immediately reporting any damage caused to the equipment or which becomes apparent whilst the equipment is in their possession.
- Waves Surf School does not seek to limit or exclude any liability for personal injury or loss of life which may occur as a result of its own negligence or that of its employees, officers or agents however, Waves Surf School assumes no liability in respect of any personal injury, loss, damage, consequential loss or third party claims which occur through no fault of its own, its employees, officers or agents.
- All other liability or conditions implied by law are excluded to the fullest extent possible.
Brochure and Website Accuracy
- Waves surf school makes every attempt with its brochure and website to show the consumer the services on offer.
- All information is given as a guide; Waves Surf School accepts no liability for errors, omissions or discrepancies in the Waves Surf School literature.
- All prices are accurate at time of publication.
- Waves Surf School reserves the right to increase and decrease prices any time after publication.